Friday, August 6, 2010

Cooked fruit!

Anyone who's ever eaten a lot with me knows I am not a fan of cooked fruit. It's not so much the fruit, it's the warm mushiness with all of those sweet spices that I don't like. But last weekend, we had some people over for dinner, so I decided to make a cooked fruit dessert because it sounded easy. And lo and behold, I LIKED it! Granted, I barely put any gross spices in it and I let my piece cool down, but still.

Peach and Blackberry Crisp

I didn't make a whole recipe. I used about 6 small peaches (which I think was still under 1.5 lbs!) and about half a pint of blackberries (so maybe a scant cup?). I couldn't find nutmeg so I used my "apple pie spice mix" which has cinnamon, nutmeg, and other spices. And I left out the nuts. Other than used bottled lemon juice instead of fresh squeezed, I followed the rest of the directions. Super easy and actually quite delicious. The fruit stayed fairly firm (which I preferred) and the flavors were so good. I baked it in a glass pan that was maybe 11x7 and I think we only had one small corner of it left, with 4 of us eating. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment