Monday, October 5, 2009

Spaghetti with Braised Kale

Tonight I made another recipe from the October Bon Appetit. I'm pretty sure this was a Molly Wizenberg recipe - I always love her stories. I read her article about Green Goddess dressing and Chez Panisse right before I went there, and it inspired me to order the salad with the dressing at the restaurant, which I LOVED.

Spaghetti with Braised Kale

I liked this recipe a lot. It was somewhat similar to the other night - greens with pasta, but this one worked a bit more as a dish for me. Maybe because I cut back on the pasta? My only complaint was that I wanted a bit more sauciness to hold it all together, but that was probably my fault - I probably should have put more of the cooking water in at the end.

This was my first time cooking kale (we've gotten it in the CSA before but Mr. T always used it) and I really, really liked this way of cooking it. The onions and garlic made it soooo tasty. I actually used kale and chard, because I didn't have enough kale and the chard looked like it was reaching the end of its rope too. It was really good. I would make that again just to have as a side.

I served this with some very good mild Italian chicken sausage that I got from Oink Moo Cluck at the Worthington Farmers Market. VERY tasty.

All in all, this was definitely a thumbs up meal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment