Sunday, September 6, 2009

Roasting tomatoes

In an effort to eat all these tomatoes, I found recipes for tomato tarts. One of them suggested drying them in the oven before you make the tart and lots of the reviews raved about the tomatoes, so I've been making those. They are SO good. I cut them into wedges and scoop out the seeds. I put them on a baking sheet with some olive oil, garlic, fresh thyme and salt. I cook at 350 for about an hour and half. I start checking them and removing the ones that look done and keep cooking the bigger ones. Seriously, these are awesome. I eat them plain but they'd be great in dishes, on sandwiches, in salads, etc.

Here's a link to the original recipe:
Oven-Dried Tomato Tart with Goat Cheese and Black Olives

I've never actually made the whole recipe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment