Monday, August 24, 2009

Sippel CSA Report 8/22/09

Again, my memory is killing me. If I don't pick it up and then put it all away, I have no idea what we get! I'm sure I'll forget something.

-4 1/2 lbs of tomatoes (beautiful heirloom ones!)
-2 eggplants
-several zucchini and squash (5-6 total)
-several cucumbers
-a bunch of tomatillos (Mr. T called them "gorgeous")
-a small cantaloupe
-as many hot peppers as we wanted (which for Mr. T was a lot)
-a bag of soybeans

I think there were some other things, but I don't remember.

Mr. T cut up the cantaloupe yesterday and it's already gone. It was SO good. I think I ate more than my allotment because I got a little chastised when the container was opened tonight. :) Leave me alone with some fruit, and look out!

Last time we got eggplant, we didn't use it fast enough and it went soggy, so I wanted to make sure we used it this time. So tonight I cut one up and cooked it on the grill pan on the stove. I made a sandwich with that, tomato slices, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, and a pesto Mr. T made with roasted cherry tomatoes and regular basil pesto. It was pretty good! I only had extra fiber whole wheat sandwich bread in the house, so it would have been much yummier on some delicious bread and toasted like a panini. Oh well, there's always next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment