Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chard, Chick Peas and misc

While looking for chard recipes, I saw a lot of recipes using chickpeas. So I made a random concoction with them tonight that was actually decently good. Plus I served it with whole wheat Israeli couscous, which might just be my new favorite thing. Yum!

So, here's what I did:
Chopped up half an onion and several garlic cloves
Sauteed them in some olive oil until a bit tender (5ish min)
Then dumped in a can of chickpeas (drained) and sauteed some more
In a few minutes, I threw in some chard stems (first microwaved in water for 1 minute) and some cherry tomatoes.
Then I dumped in the chard leaves (destemmed, a pretty big bunch) and sauteed everything until the leaves were soft.
I salted to taste and served over the whole wheat Israeli couscous and sprinkled a little bit of goat cheese on top. Not too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment